Wednesday, April 3, 2013

March 31st, 2013

Sunday
Untit 3
Weight: no weigh in today
Nurse: Lana

Easter Sunday!

This morning they sent you pancakes for breakfast, but you didn't want any.  The Pediatrician, Dr. Davis, and a Resident came in to look you over.  You had new blood work done up in the morning too.  Besides the blood work and vitals, they pretty much left you alone to rest for the day. 

We called Abbi and Gracie this morning.  They are celebrating Easter with Grandma and Grandpa this year and we wanted to hear what the Bunny brought them.  The Bunny brought you stuff too because they took your Easter basket to Grandma and Grandpa's.  You listened while we talked to the girls, but you didn't want to talk to them.  It has been a difficult day for me (Mom), having my family split up for Easter.  Your Dad decided we will celebrate Easter when you can come home.  This way you will have a chance to dye eggs and have a big supper with our family. 

Dr. Davis did come back today to tell us that your blood count has definitely dropped.  This is hard news to swallow and I don't really know how to react.  I so desperately want this to be an infection, which we can treat with antibiotics, but hearing this news, I know that this a good indication of Leukemia. 

You had your first set of visitors!!!  The McAulay clan, minus Jordan, came by to see you.  They brought you Peanut Butter Cup, the cutest brown bear with an Oilers suit on him.  He is so cute!!  You don't want to see anyone and are visably upset.  We give you time to calm down and the boys give you kisses as well as Auntie and Uncle.  Dad and I are happy to see familiar faces.

Tomorrow will be a big day.  I pray that we will finally find an answer.  I am not sure if I am ready for the answer anymore.  I have to be strong for you and your Dad. 

Love you so much buddy,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment