Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29th, 2013

Monday
Unit 1
Weight:
Nurses: Kelly/Becky

And the numbers are on their way up!!

I know that your dad is busy with you in Calgary so I wanted to do a quick post to update your "new" attitude!

Tonight, I got a call from you! I answered the phone, thinking it was your dad, and you said "hello." You talked to me and told me about the new bear you got today, which you call Doc because he has a doctor suit on. I was in tears hearing you in such a good mood. I have missed this Kallum. The funny loving little boy who loves to make others happy. The conversation ended with a kiss, which I have also missed. I will finally go to sleep feeling happy that prayers of healing have been answered and we can be with our Kallum for a short time before your next treatment starts.

Obviously, your neutrophil and WBC numbers are increasing. We are hoping you can be weaned of your pain meds soon so you can get a day pass or even released from the hospital soon. You can start your next round of chemo as soon as Thursday. This round will be just as difficult as the last round so we aren't looking forward to that. We will just take these "good" days before we are back to the "bad" ones.

Dad might have more information tomorrow. I just wanted to have a good news post because it has definitely been awhile. I can't wait to see you on Wednesday and get a chance to be with my happy, loving Kallum.

Love you buddy,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment