Sunday, April 14, 2013

April 14th, 2013

Sunday
Unit 1
Weight: 13.55 kg
Nurses: Shantel

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

We went to bed to snow and woke up to even more snow. I am not sure if I will be heading back to the Hat today. My back can barely make it for the regular 3 hour drive so if I have to drive slow I am not too sure how I will feel. It is a good thing my friends brought up my boots, your dad on the other hand is braving the weather in runners and a hoodie.

You are pretty quiet this morning and not too interested in food. You only want to watch TV and drift in and out of sleep. You wake often because you have to go to the washroom. You have a lot of fluids going through you so unfortunately you must go to the washroom frequently. We offer you a diaper so you can rest longer, but you definitely do not want a diaper. We have reverted back to diapers at night, which you try protesting, but dad and the nurses can usually get one on when you are sleeping. You still need your diaper changed in the middle of the night, that is how much fluid is going through you.

Corbin and Aspen's birthdays were this weekend. Your dad and I had a hard time knowing you wouldn't be a part of the celebrations. It is great to hear how great the parties were, but I still have a hard swallowing the part that you are missing these big events. We have Gracie's birthday, the girls' dance recital and Gracie's Preschool graduation coming up. Only one parent will be attending these and no Kallum. Right now, this are big events for our family and we will only be able video tape it for you. I am so sorry you are going to miss these because you are stuck here. I am sorry to my girls, who want the family together to see these big events.  I know we have an amazing family and they will bring celebrations up here for you to be a part of, but it won't be the same. Dad's birthday is tomorrow. I know it will be a quiet celebration, this is what he prefers right now. I guess that is one perk for staying in Calgary one more day, I can be here with dad for his birthday.

You continue to get chemo meds through your IV today. Still no side effects yet,  but they do say that side effects come later on, around days 7 to 10 and we are on day 3 of this cycle.

Lunch is macaroni and cheese and you decide to try it.  You actually like it and are satisfied.  We do decide to give you a bath today.  I bought press and seal wrap at the store and it seems to work a lot better then the saran wrap we used before.  You still don't like the bath but at least the "wrapping" part was easier for dad and I.

I wanted to also mention that we moved rooms at RMH.  We were originally in a wheel chair accessible room with one queen bed, a sofa bed and a chair.  It did not have a bath, just a large shower.  I asked to possibly trade rooms because when you do come over to RMH you would need a bath.  They weren't too sure this was possible, but then called back yesterday because a family was moving out.  Your dad moved us yesterday to our new room.  It is room #301 and it has 2 queen beds, a desk and it does have a bath tub.  There was a small TV left too, so that is a bonus.  I can't wait until we can take you back there and have a bit more freedom.

I will be leaving first thing in the morning so I can see your sisters and get some things done at home.  I can only stay away 3 nights or we will loose our room at RMH.  So this means I will be back on Thursday.  

You refuse to have your picture taken today so I listen and stay away.  Maybe tomorrow...

Love you buddy,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment