Sunday, April 7, 2013

April 7th, 2013

Sunday
Unit 1
Weight: 14.7 kg
Nurse: Mary/Erin

Well last night was not the best but it wasn't really cause of you, the steroids you are on raise your blood pressure but it also lowers your heart rate.  So for about 4 hours they take your blood pressure constantly and give various meds to reduce your blood pressure by making you pee and reducing the volumn of fluid in you.  About 1:00 in the morning they let you settle in for the night but now your heart monitor goes going off every 5 minutes when your hear rate drops.  So just as you hit your deep sleep and really get to rest the alarm rings, waking you just enough to raise our heart beat (Dad jumps every time) and we repeat this every 5-10 minutes, you are not getting a lot of rest.

What a day for us. You improved so much today and even with a decrease in your morphine. Your morning started with a bath, it has been awhile. We Saran wrap your chest (see picture) so your Broviac does not get wet. You are not too happy to be in the bath, but it went better then I expected.

You walked down the hallway today wiht all the girls cheering and saw the fish.  You also decided to eat an Oreo cookie as well as a little milkshake.  The best part of my day was when you put the BP cuff on Elmo as well as take his temperature and the nurse's temperature.  You were so happy. I love seeing you happy and acting so silly.

The hardest part of my day was saying goodbye. It killed me to say goodbye to both you and Dad.  I couldn't stop crying but your Dad and my friends helped me see that I had to be strong.  I had to remember that I was going home to see my girls. I have missed them so much.

Tonight, I finally got to hug my girls. They are excited to be home and can't stop talking about everything they have been up to. I have missed them so much.  After the hugs and kisses, I sat the girls down on the couch to talk about you and how are lives are going to change for awhile.  I lied before, the hardest part of my day was trying to explain Leukemia to Abbi and Gracie and how it is invading your body and making your bones and blood sick. Your Dad was on speaker phone and helped explain and answer questions. The girls did well and asked a lot of good questions. There were tears and the girls want to be with you and Dad, but understand that you need the medicine that is in Calgary. They cannot wait to see you.

I have quite a few pictures to post, thanks to Morgan. They are mostly of you playing "nurse," seeing the fish and eating a cookie.  I will also add a picture of your yummy lunch. Lol.

Love you to the moon and back,

Mom and Dad













No comments:

Post a Comment