Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17, 2013

Monday
Unit 1 / RMH
Weight: 14.2 kg (Yahoo!)
Nurses: Kristy / Amy
WBC: 9.1

So the girls were able to come up and visit this weekend, which was great!  The unfortunate part was that Gracie started to show symptoms of a cough on Sunday and we had to split up our visit.  We did manage to do some activities as a family on Saturday and enjoy a nice dinner together.  Even though our time was short it does seem to boost everyone's mood, so it is well worth the effort.

You are still on day passes from the hospital which leaves you from noon until 8 pm to venture over to RMH or any other "safe" activity.  Your counts are high which means they will start the Methotrexate tomorrow.  We are definitely hoping that you can flush the Methotrexate out of your system by Thursday so you can go home for a short visit before your next treatment starts.  I have to keep in the back of mind that there could be complications, etc, which would prevent you from coming home.  It is hard not to get excited. 

Your energy level has been through the roof, which is always nice to see.  You spend most of your mornings in your wiggle car going up and down the hallways in the Unit.  You also spend a lot of time at the nurse's station, "helping" them chart.  I do see the old Kallum a lot these days and it is hard to know what you still have to go through to beat this awful disease.  I must remember that you will get through this and we can have you back at home soon burning off all the energy.

I must add that your sister, Abbi, had some words of wisdom for me the other day.  While doing her hair, she said to me, "Mom, I know why God gave Kallum Leukemia."  Not sure if I wanted to know this answer, I asked her to explain.  She said, "It is because he wanted our family to be stronger.  He knew we could handle it.  Right, mom?"  I didn't know what to say or think.  She surprises me all the time with her thoughts and reasoning's.  She is right, I have to believe it, although at times it is hard.  On the hard days I have to remember to think positive and take some of Abbi's advice.   She is one amazing sister!!

Well, I am back in Medicine Hat making sure Gracie is feeling better before you come home.  You have a few hard days ahead of you but I know you will bounce right back.  We are all cheering for you and I know your Inner Ninja will be fighting all the way.

Missing you already,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment