Tuesday, May 6, 2014

May Update!

Today started with a doctor's appointment and CBC, with Dr. Foulston, at the Cancer Clinic.  Your check up was great and we just received word that your blood work came back "normal" and "normal" is awesome!! It is so nice to have these checks once a month to just make sure your body is still healthy.

Just last week, you finally had your first hair cut in over a year.  In fact, you had absolutely no hair up to November.  Your hair has grown in so fast and so thick.  I couldn't handle the "bed head" every morning so I asked you if you were ready for a hair cut.  It actually took you some time to be okay with the idea of a hair cut.  I think I started asking last month and you kept telling me you didn't want one or you would say that you wanted one "tomorrow."  Well, last week you told me that you were ready, so we went to Tommy Gun's, a man/boy barber shop, and you had your hair cut.  You weren't too sure during the hair cut about what to think and didn't smile or cry.  I had a few tears just knowing how your hair loss was such a physical reminder of what you had overcome.  I didn't want you to think that just because we were cutting your hair, that you were sick again.  You ended up finishing your hair cut with a smile and now you tell everyone to feel the back of your head because it feels so different.  You are so proud and I am happy we went ahead with this milestone!

Love you to the moon and back,

Mom

Here are a few pictures of before, during and after your hair cut.

BEFORE:

 







AFTER:

 




No comments:

Post a Comment