Sunday, January 19, 2014

One more sleep!

Just wanted to a write a quick update as we are currently on our way to Calgary to get you Broviac removed tomorrow morning.  It has seemed like a life time waiting for this day and now we are only one sleep away.  We are staying and Uncle and Auntie's house in Calgary tonight as we need to be at the hospital by 7 am.

I am excited to have your Broviac removed, as it is yet another physical reminder of the journey coming to an end.  I know that it is not ever really over, but at least for now we can live with monthly appointments, blood work and then tests every 3 months.

You are very excited too!  You tell everyone, "I get my tubes out and then there will be no more dressing or cap changes!"  These weekly, sometimes twice weekly, procedures have been become part of your routine.  It will actually feel weird not keeping track of all your medical changes, as well as supplies.  The "tool box," which houses all your supplies as well as the "emergency kit" have become part of all of our lives.  It is not bizarre to hear Abbi reminding to us to grab the emergency kit as we leave the house.  You are also very excited to have a bath and also to go swimming.  I cannot wait for your wound to completely heal so we can all experience these favorite things.

Tonight I will go to sleep anticipating the day ahead of us.  I am still anxious, worried and scared every time you are sedated and this time it will be for a longer period of time as you are actually have a surgical procedure.  I always pray that all will go smoothly.

Here are a few pictures, I took quickly this morning of your Broviac.  Every morning would start with a white t-shirt, so we could pin your Broviac up.  I can't wait to get you ready and not have to put a white shirt on!!!

Love you to the moon and back,

Mom



Just wanted to add one more I had on my phone...



No comments:

Post a Comment