Friday, October 25, 2013

October 25th, 2013

Friday
Home
Weight: 15 Kg

Well, we are all home!! In fact, you and dad came back home on Monday, after receiving your last chemo treatment at 2:45 am, Monday morning.  It was celebrated with a song and cheers from your nurses, even if you didn't want to be a part of it, it was exciting for your dad and I.  7 months ago I couldn't even fathom this point in your journey, but we all made it and more importantly you fought your way through it.  You are a total champion and proved to dad and I that you have a inner ninja inside of you and when times were tough you continued to be strong.   I know that your future is so big and bright and with your strength you will be able to over come anything!!  You make your dad and I so proud!!

Now that we are home we still need to get regular CBC's done to keep tabs on your counts.  You had blood work on Wed and today and so far you have only dropped a little.  I am sure next week you will be at your lowest and we will possibly need a transfusion.  I pray that you are able to stay healthy during this next week, especially since there is so much sickness around you.

So, what's next?  Your primary nurse is working on scheduling a multitude of test for possibly the middle of November, once your counts have fully recovered.  You will require sedation for many of the tests so we requested that they be scheduled back to back, if possible, so you would only require one sedation.  After the tests, it will be about 2 weeks until we can go back to Calgary and receive the results.  Waiting right now is a killer.  I want to know right now what the results are, we have come so far already and I just want to know that we can move forward.  With positive news, we can then get your central line (Broviac) removed, which will make life a lot easier for you.  It will be nice not having to check your locks every hour, or remind you every half and hour to watch your lines and most importantly allowing you to participate in activities, like swimming, which we haven't done since Feb.  So I guess we wait, patiently.



3 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for you guys, enjoy the time at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this blog and I know Kallum is going to appreciate this so much. He's going to look back and realize how much his parents loved him and what a great support system he had. I was reading other older posts as well, following the journey, and just had a quick question about your blog. Could you please email me when you get the chance? Thanks so much guys!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily,

      Thank you for your comment. Could you please send me your email address?

      Delete