Friday, September 27, 2013

September 27th, 2013

Friday
Home
Weight: 15 Kg

Just a quick update from home! Everything is going well. Today we are headed to the Cancer Clinic at the Medicine Hat hospital to see where your counts are at. I am assuming they are on their way down.

I wanted to take a picture of you so you can see how quickly your hair is returning. Your eyelashes and eyebrows are back and your hair is coming in. I will post some pics but I think I need to use the camera to get a better view.  You are very excited about your returning hair and tell everyone, "my hair is coming back!"

The only struggle we still have is your daily needle of G-CSF. You get more anxious each day and it nearly kills your dad and I. It takes both of us to hold you down and administer it and even now we might need more hands to keep you down and calm. I think we will all be happy for the day when we can be "poke" free.

With the girls in school, you and I are getting to spend a lot of time together. Gracie is home in the afternoons but in the morning it is just you and I. We are developing a bit of routine of reading books, playing with your construction toys, playing with play doh and trying to learn your letters and sounds. I love being at home with you, but know that being at preschool would be a good change a few days a week.  Hopefully next year you be able to go back to Montessori and be with all your favourite friends and teachers again.

Love you to the moon and back,

Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment